Technology Executive Commitee 17
Technology Executive Committee
25–28 September 2018
2. Organizational matters:
(b) Organization of work;
(c) Membership matters.
3. Update on relevant meetings, events and initiatives:
(a) Outcomes of the Bonn climate change conference of May 2018 and the Bangkok climate change conference of September 2018; [presentation]
(b) Regional events organised by the TEC in 2018;
(c) Outlook of the Katowice climate change conference of December 2018;
(d) Technology Facilitation Mechanism;
4. Matters relating to the Climate Technology Centre and Network. [presentation]
5. Implementation of the rolling workplan for 2016-2018:
(a) Technology needs assessments;
- i. Mapping enabling environments and barriers [presentation]
- ii. Overview paper of new TNA and TAP reports of the Phase II TNA project [presentation]
- iii. Alignment of the technology needs assessment process and the process to formulate and implement national adaptation plans [presentation]
(b) Climate technology financing;
- i. Input to the Standing Committee on Finance into the draft guidance to the operating entities of the Financial Mechanism [part 1] [part 2: report back 1] [part 3: report back 2] [part 4: report back 3] [presentation]
- ii. Inputs for the annual meeting of the GCF with the UNFCCC Thematic Bodies to be organised in conjunction with the COP [presentation]
- iii. Update of the Poznan strategic programme evaluation report [presentation 1] [presentation 2]
(c) Technologies for mitigation;
- i. Recommendations on ways forward and actions to be taken based on the outcomes of the TEMs on mitigation [part 1] [part 2: report back 1] [part 3: report back 2] [part 4: report back 3] [presentation]
- ii. Inputs to the COP 24 stocktake on pre-2020 implementation and ambition [presentation]
- iii. Potential application of SSC and TrC to assist countries in implementing their NDCs and NAPs [presentation 1] [presentation 2]
(d) Technologies for adaptation;
- i. Potential application of SSC and TrC to assist countries in implementing their NDCs and NAPs
- ii. Technical expert meeting on adaptation [presentation]
(e) Innovation and research, development and demonstration;
- i. TEC Brief on innovation [presentation 1] [pesentation 2: supplementary material]
- ii. Innovation of emerging technologies [presentation]
(f) Emerging and cross-cutting issues.
- i. Joint policy brief of the TEC and the Executive Committee of the Warsaw International Mechanism for Loss and Damage [presentation]
- ii. Development and enhancement of endogenous capacities and technologies [presentation]
6. Communication and outreach activities. [presentation 1] [presentation 2]
7. Monitoring and evaluation of the impacts of the work of the TEC.
8. Joint annual report of the Technology Executive Committee and the Climate Technology Centre and Network for 2018:
(a) Key messages and recommendations of the Technology Executive Committee to the Conference of the Parties; [part 1] [part 2: report back 1] [part 3: report back 2]
(b) Report on activities and performance of the Technology Executive Committee; [part1] [part 2] [part 3] [presentation]
(c) Joint chapter of the joint annual report.
9. Inputs of the TEC to the Talanoa Dialogue. [part 1] [part 2] [presentation]
10. Possible elements of the rolling workplan of the Technology Executive Committee for 2019-2021. [presentation]
11. Other matters.
12. Dates and venue of the next meetings.